Computation and Network Facility (CNF)
The Computation & Network Facility (CNF) continuously strives to enhance and modernize the IT infrastructure in the lab. CNF is responsible for providing updated information and technology related facilities to NPL employees. The operations cover network, computing, software and end-user support. The CNF in-house manages critical servers and security solutions. The group is also involved in the development of software for use at NPL and research activities for development of low cost affordable biomedical instruments.
Activities of CNF
IT Infrastructure & Facilities
The CNF configures and manages
- Data centre to provide support to CSIR-ERP and IT services in the lab.
- National Knowledge Network (NKN) internet connectivity of 1 Gbps.
- A 128-core computational cluster to facilitate high performance computing for research.
- In-house set up, configuration and system administration of linux based servers including mail, web, DHCP, DNS, Intranet, Database and data Back-up to facilitate IT services.
- A gigabit fibre optics backbone network solution at 23 locations across the NPL campus and providing CAT6 based Ethernet LAN to connect ~1000 network based devices i.e. computers, servers, laptops, ip cameras, attendance machines.
- Security solutions including a Unified Threat Management (UTM) system for multi-level firewall, anti-virus and anti-spam solutions.
- A Radio Link is established between NPL Campus and NPL colony for JRF Hostel network. JRF hostel is equipped with complete wireless technology solution and devices such as Omni Directional/Directional antennas and various WiFi devices in different modes and configuration.
- Wireless solutions are provided to various Departments/Divisions/Sections in NPL campus.
ERP Implementation & Software Development
- In-house development of automated software solutions using open-source technologies for reservation of sophisticated instruments, facility booking, Personal Inventory record and Online Group (IV) recruitment system.
- Implementation of CSIR-Enterprise Application to increase the work efficiency and transparency.
- ERP Data Center with 20 TB SAN, database and application servers to connect CSIR-NPL to the CSIR-ERP network.
Research and Education
- Development of affordable biomedical instruments like blood oxygenation monitor, ECG machine and brain oximeter (partially supported by the DST under the Innovative Product Development Centre).
- Research on models for prebiotic evolution and ecological networks using numerical methods.
- Teaching Advanced Computational Physics under the MTech AcSIR programme.
|Jiji Pulikkotil||Rajeev Jain|
|Nitin Sharma||P.C Philip|
|Anjali Sharma||Hemant Bisht|
|Trilok Bhardwaj||Lachman Singh|
|Om Prakash Yadav|
|Dr. K P Chaudhary|
|Chief Scientist & Head Computation & Network Facility (CNF)|
|Room No. 118 CSIR-National Physical Laboratory|
|Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg|
|New Delhi - 110012|
|Phone: +91 011 4560 9425|