- Profile Name
- Dr. Poonam Arora
- Current Designation
- Residential Address
H.No. - I-6/63,
Ground Floor, Sector - 16,
Rohini, Delhi - 110085
- Telephone 1
- 4560 9233
- Telephone 2
- 4560 9233
- Brief Biodata
1. DP/DU No. and Name: DU#4.01 & 4.03, Ultrastable Microwave Frequency Sources & Physics of Cold Atoms
2. Name: Dr. Poonam Arora, NPL ID no. – 5000
3. Current position and Address: Scientist, Room-132, T & F Div., Main Building, NPL.
4. Date of Birth:28.07.1980
5. Educational Qualifications :
Degree Subject University/Institute Year Marks B.Sc.
Phy., Maths, Elec.
TU Darmstadt, Germany
6. Academics/Research Experience :
Year Duration Research field Institute (in India/Abroad) Fellowship 2003-2004 9 months Photorefractive Optics Institute of Applied Physics, TUD, Germany DAAD fellowship 2004-2007 3 years 4 months Integrated Optics and Photonics Institute of Applied Physics, TUD, Germany DFG Fellowship 2007 5 months Material Characterization Institute of High Frequency Technology, TUD, Germany DFG Project 2008 1 year Liquid Crystals and Nanotechnology Institute of Physical Chemistry, TUD, Germany Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2009- Till Date June 2009- Till Date Cs Fountain Frequency Standard, Laser Cooling T& F Division, NPL (CSIR), New Delhi Scientist C
7. Date of Joining NPL: 24.06.09
8. No. of Publications:
SCI Journals Conference/ proceedings Books Total 19 21 1 41
9. No. of Patents : None so far
10. Current Activity
(Not more than 50 words)
Working on the development of Cs Fountain Frequency Standard which includes designing small optical modules, laser cooling and trapping, laser spectroscopy, frequency locking, characterization of cold atoms, calibration of optical elements, fluorescence detection hardware and software.
11. Honours and Award:
- CSIR Young Scientist Award 2012 in Physical Sciences category.
- URSI Young Scientist Award presented at URSI general assembly 2011 held at Istanbul, Turkey.
- Early Career Award at CPEM 2010 conference held at Daejeon, South Korea.
- DFG (German Research Foundation) Scholarship for 3 years (2004-2007) during Ph.D. at TUD, Germany
- Perfect Ten Gold Medal at IIT Delhi annual convocation in 2004 for securing CGPA of 10 on a 10 point scale.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship for 9 months (2003-2004) for doing master-project at TUD, Germany.
- Utkrisht Vidyarthi Sammaan at Kurukshetra University in 1999 for being among University Top-ten students in B.Sc. exams.
- Haryana State Silver Scholarship for 3 years (1997-2000) during B. Sc. For being among top 25 students in HBSE Class XII exams.
12. Any other information:
Blood Group: A+
- Profile Department
- Time and Frequency Standards
- Member for
- 6 years 9 weeks