- Profile Name
- Dr. PARVEEN SAINI
- Current Designation
- Senior Scientist
- Residential Address
104-Navyug Apartments, Sec-9, Rohini, Delhi-110085
- Telephone 1
- Date of birth
- Brief Biodata
- DU Name: Materials Physics and Engineering Division
- DP Name: Polymeric and Soft Materials Section
- DP/DU No.: 2.01
Conjugated Polymers/Graphene Science Group
Ground Floor, Solar Hutment
Polymeric and Soft Materials Section
Materials Physics and Engineering Division
CSIR-National Physical Laboratory
Tel. No.: +91-011-45609505 / +91-011-45608627
- Educational Qualifications:
Degree Subject University/Institute Year % Marks /CGPA
Polymer Science and Engineering
Centre for Polymer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
Polymer Science and Chemical Technology
Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), University of Delhi
Institute ( in India/Abroad).
December 2002 to March 2004
Polymer Science (Textiles, Rubber and Plastics): esting/Characterization and R&D
Shriram Institute for Industrial Research, Univ. Road, Delhi
Graduate Engineer Trainee
August 2004 to August 2007
Conducting polymer based carbon nanotubes based nanocom-posites for EMI shielding, antistatic and anticorrosive applications
SCSIR-National Physical Laboratory, Delhi
August 2007 to Till date
Conducting polymer based carbon nanotubes and graphene based nanocomposites for EMI shielding, antistatic, super-capacitor and water purification
CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, Delhi
- Date of Joining NPL:16th August 2004
- No. of Publications:
SCI Journals Conference/ proceedings Books Total 33 35
No. of Patents :Granted:1; Filed: 6
1. Parveen Saini and Manju Arora, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2013; DOI:10.1039/C3TA11086A (Impact Factor: 6.11)
2. Parveen Saini, Manju Arora, Govind Gupta, Bipin K. Gupta, V. N. Singh and Veena Choudhary, Nanoscale, 2013, 5, 4330 (Impact Factor: 6.23)
3. Parveen Saini, Veena Choudhary, N. Vijayan and R.K. Kotnala, J. Phys. Chem C, 116, 2012, 13403 (Impact Factor:4.81)
4. S. R. Dhakate, R. Kumar, T. Gupta, Parveen Saini, B. P. Singh, R. B. Mathur, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2013, DOI: 10.1039/C3TA10604G (Impact Factor: 6.11)
5. Parveen Saini and Veena Choudhary, Journal of Nanoparticle Research 15 (2013) 1415 (Impact Factor: 3.29)
6. Parveen Saini, V. Choudhary, B.P. Singh, R.B. Mathur, S. K. Dhawan, Mat. Chem. Phys., 113, 2009, 919 (Citations:>125)
Current Activity :
1. Graphene and its analogues for supercapacitors, water purification and Microwave shielding applications.
2. Designing of conducting polymers (e.g. polyaniline, polypyrrole) materials for antistatic, anticorrosion, EMI shielding and energy/environmental applications.
3. Development of conducting polymer based blends (with thermoplastics like polyethylene or polystyrene) and nanocomposites (with ferrites, titanates or carbon nanotubes, graphene) for EMI shielding/microwave absorption, energy storage and waterpurification applications.
Honours and Award:
1. Prestigious CSIR Young Scientist Award-2013 in the area of Engineering Sciences.
2. Bharat Jyoti Award-2013 for excellent in sciences, Awarded by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi.
3. Listed in the 2013 Edition of “Marquis Who’sWho” in the World.
4. Best paper presentation award at FACC-2009, New Delhi, India
5. One of the papers (Parveen Saini et al., Polyaniline–MWCNT nanocomposites for microwave absorption and EMI shielding, Material Chemistry and Physics 113, 2009, 919) is in the list of Most Cited Articles of Journal
6. One of the papers (Parveen Saini et al., J. Phys. Chem C, 116, 2012, 13403) has been Cited by Down-to-Earth). The work also attracted the interest of several product based companies involved, in the development and marketing of electromagnetic radiation safe products.
7. Received Letter of appreciation by the publishers for impressive readership and download track record (>6000) for one of the book chapters (Parveen Saini and Manju Arora, Microwave Absorption and EMI Shielding Behavior of Nanocomposites Based on Intrinsically Conducting Polymers, Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes; In the book: Polymers for Special Applications: ISBN: 9799533079706; DOI:10.5772/48779 (InTech)
8. Regular reviewer for the Journal like Polymers for Advanced Technologies, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Colloid Polymer Science, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, Indian Journal of Engineering and Material Science, Composite Science and Technology etc.
Any other information :
PhD Scholar: positions vacant
Research intern: 1
M. Tech Students: 6 (completed); fresh positions vacant
B. Tech Students: 3 (Completed)
Collaborations and partnerships in the relevant areas are welcome from national and international R&D organizations, academia, industries and groups.
- Profile Department
- Materials Physics and Engineering
- Member for
- 7 years 37 weeks