- Profile Name
- Dr. Suresh Chand
- Current Designation
- Chief Scientist
- Residential Address
623, 2nd Floor, Double Storey, New Rajinder Nagar New Delhi-60
- Telephone 1
- Date of birth
- Brief Biodata
1. DP/DU No. and Name: DU: Physics of Energy Harvesting Division DP: Organic and Hybrid solar cells
2. Name: Dr. Suresh Chand
3. Current position and Address:
Head of the Physics of Energy Harvesting Division
Nodal Officer CSIR-NPL TAPSUN program
Head of the Organic & Hybrid Solar Cell Group
Head Organic and inorganic LED Group
CSIR-National Physical Laboratory
Dr. K. S. Krishnan Marg
New Delhi - 110012, India.
+91-(0)11-4560 9353 (O)
Fax: +91-(0)11-4560 9240
4. Date of Birth: 10.05.1954
5. Educational Qualifications :
Degree Subject University/Institute Year
1981 M.Sc Physics (Electronics) Delhi University
B.Sc (Hons) Physics Delhi University
6. Academics/Research Experience:
Year Duration Research field Institute (in India/Abroad) Fellowship
31 years Solid State Physics and organic semiconductors and devices National Physical Laboratory Scientist Sept 1990-Noc 1990 2 months Solid State Physics CNRS Laboratory CSIR-CNRS
7. Date of Joining NPL: 19.01.1982
8. No. of Publications:
SCI Journals Conference/ proceedings Books Total 92 50 One Chapter in book 142
9. No. of Patents :
Development of high efficiency and stable polymer solar cells.
11. Honours and Award:
- CSIR- JRF;CSIR-SRF and CSIR-PDF.
- Appointed with Merit increments as Scientist at CSIR-NPL.
- ot Merit Promotion from Scientist C to Scientist EI at CSIR-NPL.
- Awarded ‘NPL Outstanding Scientist Award’ for the year 2007-08.
- Advisor and Member of International and National Bodies and Conference organizing committees.
- Reviewer for many Internationally reputed l SCI journals
- Leading international and national multi core R&D projects in the area of Organic Photovoltaics
- Invited to deliver talks on OPV at various International and National Forums.
- Chirman, Co-ordinator, Advisor, Expert of various scientific and management committees.
12. Any other information:
Dr. Suresh Chand is an experimental solid state physicist. During the course of his R&D he had lead many Govt of India funded (DOE, DST, etc ) projects and successfully completed them by way of making significant scientific and technological contributions. He has published more than 90 papers in high impact factor SCI journals such as Advance Materials, Journal of Electrochemical society, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Applied Physics Letters, etc--many of which are extensively cites. He also has a few international patents to his credit. Currently he is leading various multi crore International and National projects in the area of renewable energy especially the development of cost effective and stable organic/polymer solar cells; a futuristic potential large area and commercially viable solar cell technology. Dr. Suresh Chand has been invited to deliver talks on his research at several universities/research laboratories abroad as well in India and has organized international conferences and symposia. He has also mentored a large number of Ph.D and M.Tech students and is a member of many international and national bodies . He is a recipient of CSIR-NPL outstanding scientist award for his contributions made in the area of organic electronics and in particular the development of polymer solar cells.`
esides above, Dr. Suresh Chand has performed successfully various management assisgnments for many years at CSIR-NPL in different capacities such as Chairman, Co-ordinator, Secretary, Advisor, Member, Expert, ,etc for various management and scientific committees.
- Profile Department
- Physics of Energy Harvesting
- Member for
- 7 years 23 weeks